Author: Finn Carter
The most widely used and affordable VR headset available right now is the Meta Quest 2. This is the best VR headset for most people, thanks to its simple and comfortable design, decent battery life, excellent software, and affordable pricing. Read on to find out more about this stunning headset.
Excellent comfort, quick setup, and ease of use
The Meta Quest 2 has a simple yet approachable design right out of the box. The headset itself, a USB-C charging cord and brick, straps, and battery-operated Meta Touch controls are all visible when the package is opened.
Glasses spacers are also included in the box, which will please customers who need to wear eyeglasses.
The all-white Meta Quest 2 has some stylistic variations from the all-black original Quest, which was released in 2019.
In contrast to its predecessor’s cloth-like substance, the outside outer shell of this model is entirely made of hard plastic. This also applies to the stretchy material, which is more pleasant than the preceding model’s strap, which practically covered consumers’ heads in the back.
All of this results in a comfortable headset that, despite having more power and capability than the Quest 1.
To get started with the device, you might need to sign in using Facebook after placing the Quest 2 on your head.
Although Bluetooth earphones can be used with some lag difficulties, the 3.5mm headphone connection and the installed speakers are more than adequate. There are also conveniently located volume buttons on the bottom right side of the headset. The USB-C port next to the headphone jack is used to charge the headset and connect it to a VR-ready laptop or desktop.
- Redesigned Touch Controllers: The Touch controllers were updated to offer better tracking and comfort for simple input.
- Meta Quest Link: You can explore PC-based VR games capable of running directly within the Quest headset by connecting the Quest 2 to your PC with a Meta Quest Link cable.
- Cinematic 3D Positional Audio: Cinematic 3D positional audio is delivered by the built-in speakers, enabling you to hear everything around you.
- Headset Casting: You may share your VR experience with your loved ones by casting directly to a supported TV or the Meta mobile app.
- Powered by Facebook: To log into Quest 2, you must have a Facebook account, making it simple to meet up with friends in virtual reality and explore communities worldwide.
- Easy Setup: Open the box, connect the Quest 2 to your smartphone, and start experiencing virtual reality. No console or PC is required. Nevertheless, you must have wireless connectivity and the free Meta app to set up the Quest 2.
Meta Quest Quest 2 Specs
|1 x LCD
1832 x 1920 per Eye
Maximum Battery Life
|Qualcomm Snapdragon XR2
2.3 to 2.7″ / 58 to 68 mm
1 x 1/8″ / 3.5 mm Jack
|Controller||Battery Type||1 x AA|
|Tracking System||Tracking Type
|6-DoF Inside/Out Tracking
2 x Front-Facing with Pass-Through
2 x Side-Facing
|Packaging Info||Package Weight
Box Dimensions (LxWxH)
16.4 x 7.6 x 5″
The Meta Quest 2 uses the Qualcomm Snapdragon XR2 architecture and 6GB of RAM for enhanced performance and next-generation graphics. You may save games and applications on its 128GB of storage space.
The bottom line
The Meta Quest 2 is a one-of-a-kind device with a striking design and sturdy construction that is pleasant to wear for extended periods. A variety of input choices, including the incredible Quest Touch controllers. One of the best apps and games you’ll find on any VR headset, from Meta’s extensive built-in app store to the several fantastic PC-based experiences accessible with Quest Link.
Remember, using Meta Quest 2 will need logging onto Facebook, and its limited battery life can be annoying. Despite these drawbacks, the Meta Quest 2 is still the most excellent standalone VR headset currently available.